VIRTUAL - Supervising to Safeguard in Education – DSL training
Date & Time:
This course is for those in schools offering supervision to staff who are working with vulnerable children who may be at risk of harm and in need of support.
This training is delivered in two sessions of three hours each. Participants will be asked to complete tasks in between the sessions.
Participants will have the opportunity to
- Consider why effective supervision is important in keeping children safe from harm.
- Understand what good supervision to safeguard pupils in schools looks like.
- Explore lessons for schools from local and national reviews of safeguarding practice.
- Consider the impact of anxiety, how emotions may impact on staff, critical thinking and decision making and the positive role that supervision can play in developing resilience within the system.
- Practice using the supervision cycle and asking questions that will enable reflection and analysis to support effective decision making.
- Understand the importance of record keeping, including recording supervision discussions, and consider the systems that need to be in place to achieve this.